The ONLINE program will be available for club registered high school students from March 1- 31, 2022
Adventures in Health Care ONLINE is designed as a survey coursewhere high school youth can explore health care options in education and careers beyond grade 12.
· Open to all high school students sponsored by a Rotary Club in B.C.
· Registration fee of $250.00 to sponsor club that can then nominate a maximum of twenty five high school students (grades 8 – 12).
· Student advance through the program at their own pace. There is no need for sponsor clubs to do any administration past ensuring the nominees are interested in learning about health care options in education and careers.
· Sponsored students who complete the program receive a certificate of participation. Many use the certificate in their Grade 12 Capstone project.
· An outline of the program can be viewed at:
· Province wide club registration will begin September 1, 2021.
· Registration will be capped at the first twenty Rotary clubs with a waiting list developed if necessary.
· Registration fee of $250.00 to sponsor/nominate a maximum of twenty five high school students (grades 8 – 12).
· Registration must be confirmed with the follow up fee prior to November 15, 2021 which solidifies the club registration.
ONLINE REGISTRATION LINK BELOW:
It is important that the students who participate in the program have more than a passing interest in participating. It should not be about the credit and certificate they will receive upon completion but about a keen interest to learn more about a subject that might take them well beyond high school.
We realize it may take time to work with your schools to identify nominees, but we know it is possible. Identifying students will take some time through the fall and early winter into the new year. That is what the sponsoring organization can start to plan on doing once the club commitment to participate is made ,remembering it is the first twenty clubs who sign up after September 1, 2021 with payment confirming commitment. We will have available a promotional video taylored to each club as well as a downloadable poster, both which can be used not only in schools but also local social network platforms.
Student nominees submissions from registered clubs are not due until February 28, 2022 so there is plenty of time to market to the schools. Experience tells us the best time to select nominees is during the January/February time period. A simple Excel spread sheet will be provided to each registered club to supply the nominees name, email address, school, parents name and email contact.
· We have updated the website to allow those young and old to learn a bit about what the ONLINE program entails.WWW.Adventuresinhealthcare.com
· Questions can be directed to:
o Ron Davis – 778-416-9121 or firstname.lastname@example.org