These memories are from now adults who participated in the program a few years ago. Most are at still in university taking Nursing, Biomedical, Biology, Life Sciences, Chemistry, Sociology, Social Work, Therapeutic Recreation or Biology.
· Practice drawing blood from the dummy arm.
· Talking to the people who have worked in healthcare and getting honest stories, as well as doing activities with them lation dummy at the hospital, the ultrasound demonstration, and making advil in the Chemistry lab at UNBC
· The ability to look at all different health care jobs and not to just forces i nursing and doctors
· The most memorable part for me was the tour of unbc and getting to make aspirin.
· One of my most memorable experiences was spending a day with Prince George Association for Community Living.
· Learning about the neurological components of the brain, looking at and investigating a sheep brain.
· Looking at sheep brains with tumors
· The hands on opportunities we had to use hospital equipment (i.e. practice putting in an IV, X-ray tech, etc) and meet people working in the industry.
· All of the interactive activities with different equipment and specialties. Meal times were also pretty memorable because of all of the interaction with new like minded people.
· Taking part in a simulation lab at the Learning and Development Centre at UHNBC. We do sim labs and use the LDS routinely during our practicums, it was something that I remember wanting to have access to during my education in health sciences.
· The most memorable experience I have was definitely the time we spent at the hospital, if I remember correctly.
· having hands on experience in different fields, being able to do experiments, practice on mannequins, etc.
· The most memorable part of the program were the social connections and memories that I made by bonding with other participants and spending time experiencing everything the program had to offer
· The dentist workshop
· Any of the hands-on experiences, and the food!
· Meeting new people who share the same interests in healthcare
· The most memorable part I can share was going to the college of New Caledonia and exploring all their programs - dentistry was extremely interesting and fun!
· Spending time at CNC in their lab
· Talking to medical professionals- seeing that you can be like them
· The group activities!
· I loved seeing the variety of programs offered at the university and what to expect from the course
Prince George AND Terrace!!!